TBlackman Mental Health Training & Consulting
Helping organizations create a culture that values mental health and empowering individuals to fostering emotional wellness
Are you equipped to assist someone who is suicidal? What about someone having a panic attack or struggling with substance use? Just like you can be trained in CPR to help a physical crisis, you can be trained to assist those with mental health challenges.
I offer both adult and youth Mental Health First Aid. The adult module teaches adults how to assist other adults with mental health and substance challenges. This can be a co-worker, relative, or friend, etc.
Youth Mental Health First Aid will teach you the between typical adolescent behavior and a mental health challenge or crisis developing.
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) training is offered in adult and youth modules, 8-hour training that can be taken in-person or virtually.
MHFA Will Help You:
1. Learn to identify, understand and respond to signs of mental illnesses and substance use disorders
2. Gain skills to reach out and provide initial help and support to someone who may be developing a mental health or substance use problem or experiencing a crisis
3. Discover resources to help someone
4. Understand the difference between typical adolescent development and a potential mental illness developing
Are you struggling to maintain a work-life balance? Is your mental health suffering? Do you know how to identify the signs of poor mental health? Do you have a plan to help you get back on track? To employers, is your team struggling to perform due to stress? If you answered "no" to any of these questions, you or your team need a WRAP. What's WRAP?
Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP®) is a two-day (in-person) self-designed prevention and wellness training that anyone can use to get well, stay well, and create the life they desire. This training is perfect for professionals experiencing burnout, individuals with mental health and substance disorders, and simply anyone who wants to be healthy mentally.
WRAP Will Help You:
1. Discover your own simple and safe wellness tools
2. Develop a list of things to do every day to stay well
3. Discover ways to create hope, support, and advocate for yourself
4. Gain clarity on your values and beliefs
5. Identify upsetting events, early warning signs, and signs that things have gotten worse and develop action plans for responding at these times
6. Create a crisis plan
7. Create a post-crisis plan
Additional Training/Presentations I've Developed:
Suicide & Faith: Ending Stigma In The Christian Community
Work, Recovery & Social Security Benefits
Stigma In The Workplace
Advocating In The Workplace
Peer Perspectives & Cultural Considerations
One-On-One Peer Recovery Coaching
*Disclaimer: I am a certified peer recovery specialist through the Maryland Addiction & Behavioral Health Professionals Certification Board. I am professionally trained to provide peer coaching to individuals with mental health and substance use disorders. Many clients I've worked with stated that peer support is therapeutic for them however it is NOT a substitute for therapy.
Some Challenges That I've Assisted Clients With:
Building A Support System
Developing a Self-Care Plan
Advocating At Home, Work & Behavioral Health System
Managing Mental Health Diagnosis While Employed
I am always looking for freelance opportunities to write about mental health and self-care. Listed below are a few outlets I've written for as well as my book. If interested, send me an email